Sustainability and Certifications
A Corporate Commitment To
Producing safe and reliable products, operating a healthy workplace, and ensuring the efficient use and preservation of natural resources are integral parts of Guardian’s philosophy and business practices.
We take pride in developing better ways to protect the planet. That’s why we implemented these environmental policies:
- Conduct our worldwide operations in compliance with all relevant environmental laws and regulations.
- Perform our functions in a manner that protects the health and safety of our customers, employees and neighbors.
- Pursue our business in a way that achieves economic goals while simultaneously addressing environmental objectives.
From optimized manufacturing processes to innovative green products like SunGuard, Guardian’s commitment to environmental responsibility is deep and worldwide.
NEW! Guardian Sustainability Calculator
Although most sustainability programs do not certify specific products, using SunGuard Advanced Architectural Glass may help your project earn program certification. Guardian offers design professionals the Guardian Sustainability Calculator online to help evaluate and document environmental performance during the project design phase. Go to SustainabilityCalc.Guardian.com to find a SunGuard Advanced Architectural Glass product, or other Guardian glass products, to help your project achieve sustainability status.
Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs)
By publishing EPDs, Guardian Glass intends to support architects and designers who strive to understand the sustainability profiles of the buildings they design through the products they specify. The goal is to provide them with the information needed to achieve credits in global green building rating systems.
The two EPDs available from Guardian Glass North America are:
- Flat Glass Products EPD, which is valid for flat unprocessed glass products produced in Guardian's North American float plants. These include products such as clear glass, Guardian UltraClear™ low-iron glass, green glass, TwilightGreen® Glass, gray glass, CrystalGray® Glass, CrystalBlue™ Glass, MidnightGray™ Glass, MidnightGray® II Glass, PrivaGuard® Glass and Solar Management Glass (SMG®). The EPD contains a complete listing of all products covered by this EPD.
- Processed Glass Products EPD, which is valid for glass products produced in Guardian's North American float plants that are heat-treated, coated and/or textured. These include products from multiple product lines, such as Guardian SunGuard®, ClimaGuard®, InGlass®, ShowerGuard® and more. The EPD contains a complete listing of all products covered by this EPD.
Health Product Declaration
To help address potential health-related concerns associated with flat glass and processed glass products and their content, we provide the following Health Product Declaration (HPD) v2.1.
Guardian Health Product Declaration (HPD) »